ZPM is the abbreviation for Zveza prijateljev mladine and it means Friends of Youth Association (FYA). It is a non-governmental, voluntary, humanitarian and non-profitable organisation.
Its basic goal is to raise quality of children, youth and family life, to protect their respective interests and needs as well as their rights.
The Association was founded in 1953 and during this time it has become an indispensable part of the contemporary civil society. It deals with social issues, which concern children, youth and families. The basic FYA activities are founded on voluntary efforts and friendly interpersonal relations.
FYA fundamental rules:
– voluntary work,
– non-profitable work,
– pozitive life values,
– tolerance towards others,
– equal possibilities for all children, youth and families, participating in our programmes,
– open working environment, enabling us to establish contacts with related organizations.
– to promote and implement the Convention on the Rights of the Child,
– to raise the quality of children, youth and family life,
– to reduce social exclusion of children, youth and families,
– to give opportunities to experience active spare time,
– to motivate individuals and organizations to positive statements about children, youth and families,
– to promote voluntary work,
– to develop and support cooperation with non-governmental associations in Slovenia and abroad.
– summer and winter camps on the coast and in the mountains,
– Children’s parliament (education for democracy programme for young people),
– motivation to read (reading competitions),
– free telephone line, advising young people on issues of their choice,
– free-time activities and events for children and youth.
– DUM Maribor (Dom ustvarjalnosti mladih Maribor, House of Creativity of Youth in Maribor, Slovenia). This si our house in the center of Maribor, where we carry out most of our free-time and creativity acitivities for children and youth. Here are also the offices and multiple rooms used by other organisations and associations for their lectures, workshops, dance, sports and other acitivities.
– VIRC Poreč (Vzgojno izobraževalni in rekreacijski center Poreč, Educational and recreation Center in Poreč, Croatia). This is our summer resort house on the croatian coast with a capacity of more than 300 children.
– DMZ on Pohorje (Dom Miloša Zidanška na Pohorju, House of Miloš Zidanšek on Pohorje, near Maribor, Slovenia). It is our winter and summer resort house on the Pohorje mountain, which gives shelter to 75 children.
For more information write to: email@example.com.